Mercy Hospital South Campus
New Family Birth Center / Labor and Delivery Unit
Saint Louis, Missouri
Size: 38,000 square feet
Managing Principal: Jim Frechman
As part of Mercy’s strategic initiative to provide a destination in the south county community where women can receive comprehensive and exception care, TKH was commissioned to provide planning, programming and schematic design services to renovate and modernize Mercy South’s entire labor and delivery unit of approximately 38,000 sf.
TKH services included facilitating leadership, steering committee and user group meetings to establish overall program components, space need requirements and developed preliminary concept / schematic plans. The entire patient floor renovation will require a multi-phased approach to achieve.
Project is anticipated to be completed Spring of 2021.
Improvements made to the unit will include the following:
- Creation of a Welcome Center and Triage area facilitating patient access
- Creation of 14 spacious LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum) Rooms all including tubs and custom showers
- Creation of an 8 Bed – Level 2 NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) with private rooms each including a family zone
- Renovations and upgrades to current operating rooms
- Expanded and relocated Perinatal Center